Thursday 20 July 2006

Sergei Prokofiev

Last sunny Monday afternoon was one of my countless days off, so I met my friend P in Greenwich, went for a walk in Greenwich Park, had a coffee in a lovely cafe and bought 2 pound books in the bookshops that are always on sale. All books, posters and games for 2 pounds!! Visit Greenwich if you have the chance. That's "where the world starts", where Cutty Sark, the world's last tea clipper is, where deers run wild in the park, where the vision of Canary Wharf makes me think of its tales.

At the bookshop I bought The Sabbath - Abraham Joshua Heschel, A World atlas, Confucius, a guide to Morocco and this lovely Sergei Prokofiev's Peter and The Wolf box that looks very interesting. Very cute box set. I'm going to listen to it now.

5 comments:

Indigobusiness said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Indigobusiness said...

When I was a little boy, my mother gave me a record album of Peter and the Wolf. It struck me dumb by its profound lessons in philosophy, story-telling, and the color of music.

I blame most of my obsessions on Sergei Prokofiev.

Indigobusiness said...

What I meant was, it knocked me out. I don't like how I phrased that first go. I said that in someone elses words...I don't know whose.

The Point did much the same for me as a young adult.
I'd been goofing with the bees, and The Rockman sorted me right out.

Blog ho said...

every time i bet on the wolf. every time.

happy sunday, it's no doubt monday by now but god bless the sundays.

Hertz Hertz said...

Oh my goodness!! Blog ho! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Would you like a cup of tea? Can I get you anything? :-)