Sunday 25 June 2006

Peace takes courage

Everytime I read about the war in Iraq my stomach hurts so much I have to skip the reading. Same thing with images about Iraq. Same thing, no. It is worse with images. Can't face it. I know I've been negleting a very important charpter of our sinister history but hey, can't handle it. But apparently a conscious child in Alabama can, and very well. Ava Lowery is only 15 years old but she's an outstanding peace activist who made her first animation in Mid-March 2005 and since then has made over 70 animations, many of them about the war in Iraq. Her project Peace Takes Courage is now a website full of information about politics, USA and the war in Iraq. Here is one of her videos
and this is the Peace Takes Courage website


Peace takes a lot of courage, and so does watching all those images. Respect, little Ava.

Peace Takes Courage

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is this true awareness and solidarity...or a break from hedonism...i wonder. probably both. actually neither. maybe.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pointer. That is a good site.

Indigobusiness said...

This is my favorite clip...chokes me up.