Saturday, 18 August 2012


I spend a week in London. I see old friends, I breathe the light air of a city washed and clothed for the Olympics to come and think if London were always like this, I would even give it another shot.

It rips me off in every corner but I smirk, like a wet mother to an only child who successfully extorted a few quid from a family member who actually doesn’t need it. I don’t need it, London. We have a life down in Berlin.

I eat, I drink, I laugh, and I feel merry. I pack to come back; I carry a once again heavy bag all the way down to Kings Cross St. Pancras but this time I stop right in front of it and admire its glory. Unlike the times I was a Londoner myself, I’m calm now, my vision is HD, I see every detail, I record its smell, I almost feel every pulse in it. You have to be an outsider to be able to see it all. It’s beautiful!

I stand in front of the ticket machine. I notice the price for a return ticket to Gatwick is one pound more expensive than a one-way. My trip was great; I’m full of love and generosity so I buy a return ticket in order to save a lucky passer-by a good share of money by giving it away.

I arrive at Gatwick and stand in the middle of the exit to the trains back to London. I ask several people “are you travelling to London Bridge?” some don’t answer, most say no with a frown, nobody says yes, and nobody smiles. Bad vibes. I don’t really care. I come back to Berlin with a free ticket to London Bridge like a sure shot.


2 comments:

I.:.S.:. said...

yeah it's weird. it's like they're all scared. of who knows what. being drawn into some strange subtle exchange of energies they don't quite understand.

John said...

Extremely effective blogging......
Internet Marketing Techniques That Really Work for any business growth johnphanchalad.net