Wednesday 13 February 2008

Padmasambhava

I know so little but want so much. Sometimes it seems the world is my pray. Blindly I move in it, seeking, searching for the satisfaction of my desires, in the drunkenness of a partial mind, set up by the previous beat of my desiring heart. Thus I link my future with my past, upon the bridge of my appetites. But who am I that thread this path of questions?

In this talk Danavira uses and adapts verses from the excellent 'Self-Liberation Through Seeing With Naked Awareness' by John Reynolds (Station Hill Press 1989). Talk given at Padmaloka Retreat Centre, 2001

3 comments:

Indigobusiness said...

Shanti.

Anonymous said...

After listening to this teaching, I've got to say it is delivered in a manner I've never before encountered. Interesting, but different.

There is a great guy, with a keen grasp of this brand of Buddhism, who lives on the upper coast of Scotland. He leads a group in the village there...or he used to(I haven't talked to him in a year or so). He is an insightful source to hash out the subtler aspects with.
This post has encouraged me to touch base with him. Any questions you might have could be directed to him. He is a wealth of knowledge.

Hertz Hertz said...

wicked!! :)